2012/06/14

One more Teriyaki chicken, served with fried rice, beans and radish leaves from the garden,
of course, the fresh green salad mustn't be forgotten. Serve 3 (My husband and our daughter and me)


I just cooked this Teriyaki Chicken last night.
I used the Nabe-teriyaki sauce that I introduced last blog.                              
2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp and 2 tbsp mirin (if you don't have a mirin, you can use 1 tbsp honey and 1 more tbsp cider. The taste will be a bit different but it worth to try)
This time I unboned 3 chicken thighs from the half frozen.
I really prefer the thigh, instead the fillet.









Marinate the thigh with 1 tbsp each cider and soy sauce for 10 minutes. If you have a bottle of Sake, use it!! Or sherry would be good. But all dry the better.






 


Fry the thighs with a little oil, firstly high heat.
When the thigh, both sides were browned, reduce the heat . 
Pour the sauce and continue to fry gently until well cooked.
If the chicken were thick, cover the pan during the cooking.
Basting occasionally.







We cannot live without the green veggies at the meal time. Even the winter time, our dinner should be
served with some greens. Japanese food uses so many green veggies all the time. This is the tip that Japanese people are not fat in general. And the fish, lots of fishes on the dinning table in Japan.
Sushi and Sashimi are very popular here in the UK nowadays. But it's difficult to a find good quality fish for Sushi or Sashimi,,,,. 
Actually, I'm not a sashimi person. I rather like the cooked fish but I cook Sushi, many different types of Sushi for our dinner with friends and family. They always love my cooking.


By the way, we put our house on the market for sale last week. But,,, very quiet! No viewer.
Anyone has interested in viewing our house?      www.debbiefortune.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment