2013/07/24

Sushi for the Wedding!!!!!!!




We were invited the wedding of my hus' colleague in his office. And I was asked to make some sushi platters for nearly 100 people for their wedding. It was on Saturday the 13 the of July. It was very beautiful hot day!!

The picture above is just one day before the wedding. Ready for the big day.
Cooked the sushi rice very first in the morning. While the rice was cooking, I cooked shiitake mushrooms and carrots with soy sauce, sugar and mirin and other food. 




Menu;
Actually, those pictures are a bit old, but good to explain.

Hoso-maki (cooked shiitake and carrot, cucumber, egg, herring, smoked salmon, etc)

Nigiri (herring, smoked salmon, egg)

and,
Temari-zushi,  in the middle of the top picture. (egg, avocado&salmon. salmon, italian hams)


---------------





We attended the church service in the morning, but I had so many thing to do for the sushi platters. Needed to decorate & the ingredients on the to of nigiri and then the table as well.
I really wanted to take pictures my perfect sushi platters, but I couldn't!!!!!!! Sorry.
Because I was so busy for preparation, but my hus helped me a lot. Thank him, really!!
So instead, I took some pictures after finished the eating! I know I should've taken many pictures!!! Never mind, next time, though.

The sushi platers were massive success. Everybody loved my sushi!!! 
I didn't use any raw materials like fresh tuna or salmon this time, because it was very very hot day! It was impossible to keep the freshness of the raw stuff.

I thought many people still misunderstand the sushi uses the only raw fish. You can use any thing as you want. I used many cooked stuff and hams and avocado, many ideas here. 



If you have a plan for a wedding or a party etc. Let me know, I can help you.
I also can teach you how to make THE proper sushi from scratch, of cause, using some local ingredients.  
xxxxxxx





  


No comments:

Post a Comment