2013/07/03

Sushi Night




We had my husband's old friend's family from Bordeaux, France, last Sunday night.
They have a vineyard in Bordeaux.  My husband and Philippe had a language exchange when they were 14 years old,,,,, more than 35 years ago!!!! Still keep in touch!!

Of course, I made Sushi, this time, "Temaki Zushi (手巻き寿司)!
Fresh Tuna (Zuke), Smoked Salmon, Avocado, Cooked Shiitake mushroom and carrot, Surimi, mongetout, Triyaki chicken, Tamago (egg), Ikura (salmon eggs) and Cucumber.



Temaki Zushi is a hand rolled sushi. 
 "Te" means hand and "maki" means rolling.

This Temaki Zushi night was, I think 5 years ago, with our friends from Luxembourg.



This called "Salon Caviar" from Waitrose.
Ikura(イクラ)in Japanese.













Nigisi zushi(握り寿司)again, but a bit different ingredients, though.
Smoked Salmon, Herring Mops  and fresh Tuna (Zuke)

This time I used a fresh Tuna(マグロ)bought at the fish counter of waitrose. 

  


Zuke 「ズケ」means "marinating" 
1. put the tuna into the boiling water for a few seconds until the colour changed.
2. immediately put it into the cold water with ice cubes. Stop cooking anymore.
3. wrapping the tune with a kitchen roll and place it in the sauce (soy sauce : mirin , 9 :1, but I added a little Sake. You can use the cider or sherry instead).   leave it for 2 - 4 hours and cut in pieces.   

Do not forget the Wasabi for the raw fish. Wasabi would kill the germs in the raw fish.
The raw fish must be very very fresh!!!!! 
The tuna I bought at Waitrose, I asked the possibility to use the tuna for sashimi on Sunday night to the fishmonger, but typically he didn't say yes or no. Then I asked him when the tuna came to the counter instead, and he said 'today' (Friday). I decide to buy a block of the tuna!!!! Of course, the tuna looked so fresh!!




You can buy Fresh Wasabi in England









    

No comments:

Post a Comment