2015/02/26

Get things in the UK


I'm so glad that the Waitress store have opened near my house last April. It only takes for 15 minutes to the shop by car. Actually the nearest superstore is Asda, Whitchurch. Only 10 minutes. 
And I found that the Waitrose price is not such expensive as quite many people say or believe. Of course, there are many products are quite/very expensive, but very very good quality and the daily stuff I need the most don't cost me a lot. Especially the Essential series products are very reasonable price, but kept the quality, though.

Some people decided thinking only of the image, like Apple hatred. I think that you can only say things are good or not, when you actually tried them once. 

The cheap products have the reasons to be cheap, for example the company don't pay enough price to the producers and wages to their stuff then use the crap materials and ingredients. Cheap = bad quality!! Cheap = greedy company sometimes!!

I would prefer to pay for the quality.

So, I found some nice stuff at Waitress in Kaynsham, B&NES. 



Dashi is a stock of Konbu, shiitake-mashroom and bonito flakes (in general). 


Panko is a breadcrumb, Tenpura Batter is the batter for tempura as you read.
All Japanese ingredients.  

Some of the big superstores also have the corner for the oriental food. It's worth to try one of those products. For me, the size/quantity of the most products are too small for the daily cooking.

Sainsbury's

Asda

Sorry for I didn't know about Tesco, because I stopped going to Tesco for years ago.

If you are a bread lover like me, Waitrose's breads are the best. The second is both M&S and Morrisons.  Lidle would be good for continental stuff. I don't like Aldi and hate Tesco.
I only buy meats and fish at Waitrose and M&S or Co-op.
Unfortunately, there's no small local shops near my house. So as a result, Waitrose is the best choice for the daily shopping for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment