2015/02/04

Sushi starter

It's a good idea offering a Sushi plate for the starter at your dinner or party. 
I made some variety of sushi for our family Christmas dinner last year. Put them into a kind of Japanese bento boxes called jubako (重箱).
One of our guests have never ever tried any sushi before. He said he didn't eat anything, before he join us, because he and his family had a big Christmas dinner later.  However although he was quite skeptical before he ate one of sushi. Then he became a sushi lover in the end. He asked me some questions about Sushi and Japanese culture. He had no clue of Japan at all. As a result, my relatives and friends really loved my sushi starter!!! We had a very traditional Christmas dinner later, except using the Charcoal kettle BBQ for the roast Turkey. 



Hoso-maki(細巻き)Smoked Salmon, Egg, Carrot/Shiitake, Tuna mayo and Cucumber
Temari-zushi(手毬寿司)Smoked Salmon, Egg sheet, Italian ham



Hoso-maki, Temari-zushi and Nigiri(にぎり)jubaco box


Sushi making needs some techniques, but not so difficult. And fun too!! So if you lived near Bristol, I can offer a plate of the sushi starter plate or box for your dinner or party. Most of the ingredients are from the UK and you don't need to use any raw ingredient. Total vegetarian sushi plate is not very difficult to make.  


And also I'll start a Sushi making classes very soon. I will come to your home, if you wish. You can have a sushi night for your friends. 

If you really interested in making sushi and can't wait for the classes open, just let me know, I'll arrange the private class or a sushi night for you.

   
Contact: masuyo.newman@gmail.com  Copy and paste then send me your message, pls.



No comments:

Post a Comment